Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: The red-headded dolls should have freckles!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oooh, I am a strawberry blonde, and I love my freckles too!! I have a ton of them; no dusting of freckles here. My little cousin, Katrina, called them my "sprinkles" when she was three. My eyes are blue, not green though. My ancestors are from England, Ireland and Scotland (which explaines my coloring). I never get get a tan, but if I could smudge all of my freckles together . . . .haha. My skin tone is more on the pink side than the tan side. I guess we freckled freckle-lovers really are the minority.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never get get a tan, but if I could smudge all of my freckles together . . . .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lol, that's *exactly* what I always say in defense of my tan-less skin! I really think my arms will look tan one day when a couple more freckles fill in. I'm Irish and Scotch, so summer means a lot of time in the shade at my house (and that fake spray tans will NEVER look natural either! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

    I've seen several albums with Freckle Farm-ed dolls and think they've turned out quite well... good luck to anyone who decides to send a doll in!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting that. Girls with freckles go to great lengths to minimize their freckles, while a good percentage of those without them would like to have them. One of the cosmetic manufacturers even marketed a freckle crayon several years ago. I got one for my redheaded dolls...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Taffy, do you know if they still sell these? I simply must have one. I used to ask my mom if a person could have freckles tattooed on, lol, this sounds much less painful [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I hope when they make a true red head doll, they give her true freckles as well. This little dotted nose look they have going is awfully cute, but I really want to see a doll with loads of freckles. And not just on her face. Her arms and legs need some, too. That would probably be a bit too much work for them, but I would LOVE to see that.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member irishjennyfer79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes I've been hoping for a red head with freckles from AG since they came out with the tody girls. I have red hair with hazel green eyes and love my little bit of freckles (I burned quite a few of them off when I was in camp as a little girl =( ) I love red hair (I wanted to be Pipi as a little girl because I looked like her). It's a little sad that they haven't actually released any new redheads for the AGOT line in years. My 95 was the closest I could match to myself- Red hair with green eyes. I wish they would come out with a red head with no bangs (how about curls) and freckles...now that would be awesome (ALA Kate Winslet in Titanic)

    Jenny =)

  5. #15
    Inactive Member nedc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2005
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a boy who I have been friends with for a while. His hair is bright red, and all natural. There isn't one freckle on his face. Although his face is very pink and rosy LOL! I bought a red-haired (we'll, more so auburn) AG doll a few years ago, but she didn't have freckles. Now that you mention it, Felicity should have freckles..... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member chauster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is very true, the same pigment genes that render red hair goes hand in hand with those that cause freckles!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Taffy, thanks so much for checking!

    I did a google search as well, and couldn't find anything that wasn't more recent than 2003. [img]frown.gif[/img] Hopefully they'll start selling them again, soon.


    I had fun this afternoon coloring some freckles on my red-haired, green eyed AGT. They turned out really well, even though I only used a colored pencil. I think I'll go over them with paint (acrylic?) next time I'm at my grandparents' house. Now if only I could find the perfect carroty red haired wig for this doll, she would look exactly as I've always wished I looked. this one is the one I'm pretty sure on right now. Mostly because it's cheap, and if I don't like it I can always get another one, without spending 25 first.
    Editing to say, I just ordered that wig, I hope it doesn't suck.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 10, 2005 05:37 AM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

  8. #18
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have rewigged one or two dolls with that exact wig and it came out very well. I think you will like it.

    Taffy

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting that. Girls with freckles go to great lengths to minimize their freckles, while a good percentage of those without them would like to have them. One of the cosmetic manufacturers even marketed a freckle crayon several years ago. I got one for my redheaded dolls...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is really true. One of my earlier memories was about when I was 3 years old. My best friend and I were at a restuarant and we were debating who had more freckles. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes , and I had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. We were arguing over who had more freckles, when truth be told-I only had 2! And he had one!

    I've always liked freckles!

    -Jordyn

  10. #20
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Freckles are cute and I would certainly like to see more of them. But not on all the redheaded AGs [img]redface.gif[/img]

    One other interesting thing Ive noticed about red heads, is that their hair is often wavy to spiral curls. Not always of course, but more often than not. I wonder why this is? Is it another one of those genes that just sorts comes along with red hair? Or is it just a coincidence that Ive known mostly curly haired redheads?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •